HLL Biotech Limited (HBL) is a 100% subsidiary of HLL Lifecare Limited, a Government of India (GOI) Enterprise under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. HLL is one of the leading players in the Indian health care industry engaged in the manufacture of a wide range of contraceptives and other health care products. Government of India mandated HLL to establish a state of art vaccine manufacturing unit termed as “Integrated Vaccines Complex” (IVC) at Chengalpattu near Chennai to produce lifesaving and cost effective vaccines primarily to minimize the demand-supply gap and support GOI in the Universal Immunization program.
IVC came into existence further to the proposal by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (GOI) to the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) for establishment of a centralized vaccines manufacturing facility with international standards in government sector at an estimated cost of INR 594.00 crores and was declared as a “Project of National Importance”
The vaccine complex will be the nodal centre for research, manufacture and supply of vaccines at affordable prices for the Universal Immunization Program (UIP) of the Government of India. The vaccines to be manufactured in IVC are Pentavalent combination (DPT + Hep B + Hib), BCG, Measles, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Hib and JE vaccine. The annual capacity of IVC is expected to be around 585 million doses. The vaccines produced in the complex will be utilized for immunization of infants and small children against various diseases throughout the country.
“To be a world class vaccine manufacturer focusing on developing, producing and supplying of high quality vaccines at affordable cost for strengthening the vaccine and health Security of the country through continuous innovation "
- To accomplish the Corporate Vision, HLL Biotech Ltd has outlined following Mission which focus on the following key areas
- Strengthen and sustain the immunization coverage of India through better access to cost-effective vaccines.
- Provide quality vaccines meeting international standards.
- Excellence through adoption of best technologies and practices as per the current GMP norms.
- Introduction of New generation vaccines – technology up-gradation – vaccine safety.
- Maintain the objective of National Health Policy (NHP) 2002 by ensuring an uninterrupted supply of vaccines, at an affordable price.
- Be a socially committed corporate by maintaining highest standards of corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
- Promotion of sustainable development.
- Enhance the coverage of Universal Immunization Program.
- Reduce Morbidity & Mortality of vaccine preventable diseases.
- HBL will strive to fulfill its vision/mission by
- Development of Technologies for cost effective Vaccine production.
- Manufacturing and supply of vaccines at affordable cost from a cGMP compliant manufacturing facility.
- Strive to be the employer of choice in India with employee satisfaction levels of over 90%.
- Be recognized as one of the leading vaccine manufacturer and Biotech Company with commitment to the society.
- Support the Government of India policy for introducing combination vaccines (Pentavalent).