- The site is located at Alapakkam Village at Chengalpattu, near Chennai, Tamil Nadu about 5 km west off GST Road between Chennai - Mathuranthagam section. The site is approximately 60 Kms from Chennai.
- The Integrated Vaccines Complex is a cGMP compliant manufacturing facility for human vaccines like Pentavalent (DPT-HepB-Hib), Hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, Rabies, Measles-Rubella, BCG and Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccine.
- The facility incorporates Bulk manufacturing facilities for Hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae Type b, Rabies/ JE, Measles-Rubella and BCG. Dedicated fill finish facilities for Bacterial and Viral vaccines.
- Support function blocks include QC, QA, Animal House, Ware house, Secondary packaging and Utility block.
- The facility has a unique spine concept connecting all the production blocks, Quality control, ware house, Central change rooms and Utility block.
- Animal House or Vivarium is a stand-alone facility not connected to the spine.
- Dedicated and segregated areas for ETP and Scrap.
- Central Security Block, Water Treatment Block and Electrical sub –station are ancillary blocks in the facility.